Ilona Andrews Love



     I made Julie’s outfit from Blood Heir.  I know I should say Aurelia’s outfit, but she is Julie. 

     I loved Blood Heir just as I have always loved Julie ( and Derek, mmmmm Derek).  The best way I can think of to show my love is to make something.  I love all of the characters in all of the Ilona Andrews books, but I love some more than others. 

Seamwork Emma Sewalong Last Day

| No Comments

Done Day!

Hey everyone, how are you coming along? I finished this morning. I hand sewed the lining in, hemmed, and I put the eyelets on. I LOVE it!!! Here’s what I really love - when I offered to group sew this dress I hadn’t even looked at the pattern. Once I looked at the pattern, I though “meh”. Holy Crap was I wrong. This dress is amazing! I ended up using all thrifted fabric, and when I tried to get a picture of the flaw in the brown fabric, You can’t even see it. lol.

Seamwork Emma Sewalong Day 4

| No Comments

Skirt and more

So the skirt went together just fine. I ran into trouble attaching the skirt to the bodice, and I didn’t line up my seams correctly, so double check that before you sew. I pulled the seam out and did it again. One side is off, but not enough to make me do it again.

I found it tricky to not get any puckers here on the front and the back.


Seamwork Emma Sewalong Day 3!

| No Comments

Emma Group Sew - Burrito

This morning I tackled the sleeves. My best advice it to watch the burrito video. I have sewn many burritos, and I always watch the video. Here’s mine pinned/clipped.

I had a problem here as my fabric is too think (cotton and linen). So I couldn’t actually pull it through. I tried for a long time, and I finally gave up. I popped a bunch of the seam so there was enough room for it to turn right side out. Since I did that, I had to top stitch to close the armhole.

Seamwork Emma Sewalong 2

| No Comments

Hey Everyone!  Welcome to Day 2 of the sewalong.


Eyelet Panels through Neckline

Grab your Eyelet Panel and sew the top closed right side to right side.  Then clip the corners and turn it right side out.


I like to make sure everything is where it is supposed to be, and I am doing things correctly.  I used chalk to mark my D piece in case I got confused.

Then it is time to put the Eyelet on to Piece D.  This is my outside piece.

Seamwork Emma Sewalong 1

| No Comments

A few weeks ago, I did a group sew over on the Seamwork Community.  I figured it would be good to put here too.  I intially did not want to make Emma.  Someone posted that they wanted a sewalong, and I volunteered to do a group sew.  I hadn't even looked at the pattern before I volunteered.  Yikes.  Then I though Oh Well - Let's Go.  Just so you  know, it turned out beautifully.  I love it.


Anti - Doom Scrolling Part 1

| No Comments

I am a Doom Scroller at the worst of times.  Before bed, while not wanting to do something else, when I am already mad!  I hate it, and I know I'm doing it.  So here is my fix.  I'm going to put a few sewing articles on this page.  If you are tempted to Doom Scroll, stop here and read some articles about sewing, making, or music.  I will try to keep them as current as I can.  This is not about tutorials - this is just articles.


I Have 4 Fat Quarters

| No Comments

I Have 4 Fat Quarters

and I made a lunch bag



I used the tutorial from Pink Penguin.  You can find it here.  There are some things I wish I would have done different.  I used Decovil Light on the outer.  I should have used SF 101 and Insul-fleece.  I did sew some Insul-fleece into the bottom, but...



I also made some poor design choices, but meh, I used 4 of my fat quarters.  I made this in a day.  I could have been faster, but I have a cold and I am way slowed down.



I Have 3 Fat Quarters

| No Comments

I Have 3 Fat Quarters


This one took me awhile.  I thought about it ALOT, and I think I did something good.  I made a Tool Belt by half-ass following this tutorial by Littlestuff.  


I Have 2 Fat Quarters

| 1 Comment

I got behind this week.  I made 2 projects, each with 2 fat quarters this week.  One was an epic fail, so let's start with the good one.


I made 4 finger hot pads.  I feel like I am always burning my fingers on hot pots.  These should help out a lot.  Super Useful!



I used this tutorial from Crafty Asian Girl.  I followed it - no modifications.  It was simple and satisfying.  However, the bias tape and I had some words.  I want to make this again, but this time without the bias tape.  


Syndicate content