Ann Normandy Pant

| No Comments

Ann Normandy Pant


I cut a size small.  I made no alterations while sewing.  The black fabric is 100% hemp linen from Hemp Traders and the godets are canvas from Cotton and Steel.  The linen is from my stash, and the canvas was scraps from a pair of pants I made last year.  I intended for these to be a wearable muslin.


The pattern was easy enough to put together and cut out.  There are very few pieces.


The instructions were super easy to understand.  I was challeneged with learning flat felled seams, but there were plenty of photos.  I wish, however that the instructions would have had a contrasting thread.  Also, my thread was so black that I couldn't see it.  So... that wasn't the best choice.


The only time I got stumped was with the flat felled inseams.  OK, I wasn't stumped; I was just scared.  I didn't think I'd get the whole leg in the sewing machine to do a proper flat felled inseam.  I could have used a small pep talk in the instructions at that point.  The first one I did in two parts.  The second one, I just went all the way, and it worked out fine.



It took me all week to make them.  I'm guessing about 7 hours of sewing time.  BUT, I often sew and talk to children, get distracted, wander around, etc.  I bet if I was focused; it would have been a little shorter.


They were well worth my time.  I love them.  LOVE them!



I cut size small, and they are SUPER big on me.  I actually have the waistband folded over and clipped in the photo above.  Also, I took three inches off the bottom to hem it.  I will cut XS next time.  I also plan to use a hemp/cotton denim for the next pair.



Inside view of the pocket:


Overall, I found this to be an easy to follow pattern.  I learned how to make flat felled seams.  It took a bit of time to make, but the end product is quite beautiful.


Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
To help us prevent spam, please prove you're human by typing the words you see here.